Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 27th: farewell Peninsula Hotel



Unfortunately today was our last day to enjoy our fabulous hotel. Thankfully we could have a late checkout of 4pm. I felt guilty staying in and enjoying the hotel even though we had seen so much in Tokyo. It was raining pretty hard so I did not feel too terribly guilty he he. Fraser enjoyed the sauna & steam room and I was a computer nerd and caught up on this blog and bills... as free and irresponsible as I feel I still need to pay the bills ha ha. 4pm rolled around quick and we had to leave. So sad! We will definitely be back though. We took a taxi to the Novotel Citygate airport hotel. Not as luxurious as the Peninsula but I really liked it. Only 5 minutes from the airport so there wasn't much to do outside of the hotel. We had planned to go to Ngong Ping Village via
the Ngong Ping Cable Car
but the front desk said it closed at 430pm. I just looked at the website and it said it closed at 630pm. No wonder we saw the cars moving past 430! Annoying! So we were forced to be lazy again! We were really tired so this worked out. There was a mall attached so I decided to browse. I wanted to buy a Coach purse and was hoping the prices in Hong Kong were cheaper. Nope, same price. The mall was gigantic so I wandered around trying to find a grocery store or 7-11. I wanted to buy some water & beer because it is so expensive in the hotel mini bar. I eventually found a grocery store and as I was walking through the wine/beer section there was a clearance rack. I looked and found a $3 bottle of red wine from Valencia, Spain! $3! I bought some disgusting Lucozade for Fraser and went upstairs. As sorry as a $3 bottle of wine sounds it was actually really good. I do not drink 'house' wine or cheap wine, so believe me! As I was walking back to the room I passed a shop called, Agatha Paris. It had just closed but there was an adorable purse in the shape of a Scottish terrier! Ahh I wanted it! I went upstairs and Fraser & I enjoyed our cheap delicious wine and then went downstairs for dinner. Everything in the mall had closed except for McDonald's. Yup, McDonald's ha ha. Typical Americans!

No comments: