Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 19th: goodbye Dubai

Unfortunately I had to come to terms with leaving Dubai. Upsetting but I know we will definitely come back in 5-10 years. We took a cab to the crowded airport. They are currently building another (99% likely it will be the biggest airport in the world!). Arriving in Dubai was a breeze... no security, no immigration. Departing was a different story. We must have gone through 3 different security checks! We eventually made it to the lounge and relaxed. I've seen 1 celebrity before (Queen Latifah) at an airport lounge in Los Angeles. I was sipping on some tea and Fraser told me to turn around because Cliff Richard was behind me. I had no idea who he was! Apparently he has had a top hit every single decade since the 1960s. All I knew was that he definitely went to tanning beds because he was orange. "Fake N Bake."
The flight was around 7 1/2 hours which isn't too long in first class hehe. Fraser & I could not believe we were in first class and Cliff Richard was in business class! We arrived in London Heathrow and Ian & Ann were there to greet us. We checked into the Sheraton Skyline again and met them at the bar for a quick drink. We caught up & eventually had to say goodbye because we were all tired and ready to go to bed. It was wonderful to see them again and get a big hug :)

No comments: