Monday, May 19, 2008

May 16th: Dubai adrenalin


























































































Day 1 in Dubai, wahoo! Fraser & I slept in a little bit since we did not arrive and get settled into the room until 230am! We got upgraded to a suite so we had a bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a seperate living room. Both rooms had windows from the floor to the ceiling so we had fantastic views. The living room looked over the pool and the beach. There were about 6 camels outside on the beach waiting for people to ride them. I thought that was awesome. Who has camels outside of their hotel on the beach? haha! I could see paragliders and all sorts of water activities as well. We went upstairs to the executive lounge to have breakfast. It consisted of pastries, fresh bread, salmon, yogurt, eggs, a pork section, and a vegetarian section. So much food! We took advantage of this and ate enough so we could skip lunch.

We took a 20 minute taxi ride to Wild Wadi Park. It was a great drive because we got to view all the skyscrapers and awesome surroundings. Unfortunately we saw a million cranes and construction going on as well. We decided we are going to come back in 5-10 years when the construction is complete. Dubai is huge now, I can't imagine how much larger it will be then! We got our tickets, put our things into a locker and ran to the water. It was so unbelievably hot the water park was the perfect place to be. We had so much fun and stayed from 11am-5pm. My jetlag started to set in and we headed back.
We took advantage of the executive lounge happy hour. We enjoyed a few drinks and some delicious snacks. Beef satay, vegetable cabobs, and peanut chicken. Another free meal, it was delicious!
We got a second wind of energy and took a cab to the Dubai Autodrome. Kory I wish you could have been with us. We arrived at 8pm and had to wait until 930pm to race. This gave us plenty of time to watch and get excited/nervous! We put sexy race car driving one-suits on, gloves, hairnet, and a helmet and got into our car. Our session consisted of 12 laps (the loop was huge) and there were 13 of us racing. Engines started... go! I was the only girl! I managed to complete 10 out of the 12 laps when the flag was waved. I came in 12th place, which sucks, but I was not last! If you've ever seen the show Top Gear I felt like a celebrity during the timed circuit. I was talking to myself the entire time and when Mario Andrette (a 15 year old boy) passed me I got fired up and said some bad words. It was so much fun!
I'm at the business center at our hotel in London so pictures will be coming tomorrow when I have wireless internet on my computer in Vienna. Thank you for your patience!


No comments: