Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 14th: Newbury, England

I woke up while breakfast was being served since I'm a light sleeper, but I did not eat anything. I had only been asleep for 4 or 5 hours so I did not have an appetite. We arrived at the new Heathrow Terminal 5 building. Fraser went through his UK citizen passport line and I was half asleep and went through the wrong line (did not have to wait!) and the woman said she as bored and did not mind I was in the wrong line. Phew! We walked into the arrivals area and Fraser's mother Ann was waiting for us. It was wonderful to see her since our last visit at Christmas. We left the airport slowly (the new terminal has beautiful architecture but is very confusing!). Ann drove us back to the barn and we had a cup of tea. We went into town so Fraser could settle up and close some of his accounts still open in Newbury. I surprised myself and asked if I could sleep in the car! And I did... they woke me up and we drove to Ann's new house so she could give us the tour. It is lovely and I'm really looking forward to our next visit so I can stay there! I'm hoping she can teach me how to take care of a garden since I'm sure she will have a beautiful one.
Ann surprised us and told us we were having dinner with Fraser's father Ian at the Szechuan Inn, our favorite restaurant. Yay, we were both so excited! We met Ian there and had a wonderful dinner. We always order the family style meal which consists of 3 huge courses. Normally I stuff my face because it is unbelievably delicious, but this time I was full and did not eat as much. On a normal day this would be a good thing because I try to watch my weight, but this time I was upset! We had a wonderful time and headed home, all ready to hit the hay.

No comments: