Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 13th: San Francisco



















































Today was our last day in San Francisco with my brother. He tried to take us to Vietnamese for lunch but a lot of restaurants and shops are closed on Tuesday in Alameda. Fortunately Kory knew of a kick ass Hawaiian spot... I had Kahlua Pig with rice, it was sooo good. Even though I was stuffed and gave Kory my rice to eat he asked if we wanted ice cream or dessert. Knowing me, you know I said yes. Unfortunately they did not have Mo chi balls (a Hawaiian ice cream) so Kory suggested a Filipino dessert. We drove around and finally found a shop with 2 old Filipino woman and ordered the dessert Kory had mentioned. To be honest (don't be offended Kory) it was good but I was not a big fan of beans in my dessert! Granted the dessert did not have ice cream like it was meant to have, but the beans did not mix well with sugar/dessert/cavity haha. He dropped us off at the Bart and said goodbye. As always that was hard to do but I kept a smile on my face and hided the tears. Kory's new home is amazing and HUGE!
We got to the airport and enjoyed the lounge. I drank a few glasses of champagne and we boarded the plane. Dinner was delicious and I enjoyed a dessert while Fraser went to sleep. I had already changed into my pajamas when we boarded so I was ready for bed. As hard as it was to say no to more glasses of champagne, I said no and went to sleep. This flight was great and a fabulous start to our big trip. It was finally starting to set in that this was really happening!

No comments: