Monday, May 12, 2008

Aloha from San Francisco

Happy Mother's Day!
Fraser and I came to San Francisco yesterday to visit my brother Kory before the big trip. Time to relax, sleep, collect my thoughts, and catch up with my brother before the chaos begins. So much for sleeping... we went indoor sky diving a few hours ago, saw
Speed Racer, and chowed down on In N Out burger.
My brother worked on Speed Racer but
hadn't seen it yet. I went into the movie expecting great graphics and fast cars. Boy was I surprised. I laughed my ass off, cried, and want to go see it again. Definitely Oscar worthy. Go Kory!
Afterwards we headed to In N Out burger to grab some grub before sky diving. The animal style fries (fries covered in grilled onions, cheese, and thousand island dressing) were really good but after a handful I felt sick and regretted eating them. The burger was alright but does not compare to 5 Guys.
We walked next door to i fly and got ready to indoor sky di
ve. We watched others for a bit then watched an instructional video. Seemed pretty easy: just keep your chin up, arms in front and to your side and keep your legs separated and bent slightly. Then we were given knee pads, elbow pads, a one piece outfit, goggles and a helmet. As my mom would say: H O double T. Or not, we looked like clowns! Our group of 8 moved into the room and sat down. The wind was turned on and we had 2 separate 1 minute turns inside. It was great! I had a blast and actually thought I was pretty good. I never thought I'd want to jump out of a plane, but I definitely want to go sky diving now. I want to try it in New Zealand over Milford Sound or Franz Josef Glacier if we have time.
At 11am tomorrow I am visiting a witch Doctor recommended by Kory's friend. She suffered terrible migraines. After a 1 hour appointment, the doctor told her to stop eating and drinking certain foods and she is now migraine free. She works in the doctors office now too. I certainly agree with the quote 'we are what we eat.' I've already stopped taking 2 medications because I'm eating a more vegetarian & organic diet. I'm hoping tomorrow she can help me find a natural alternative to my narcolepsy medication. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: