Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 30th: Snakes, Curry & Moon Bar

We were both pretty tired so we were slow moving in the morning. I wanted to check out The Snake Farm. Fraser looked at the map and thought it would be a short walk. The short walk turned into 3 or more miles! It was really hard to find as well, so we looked like the dumb tourists asking everyone directions. Unfortunately we were given incorrect directions several times... even from police officers. How rude! We finally found it. The indoor viewing facility was 2 stories and fairly small. Fine with me since they were poisonous snakes! The facility is only 1 of 2 in the world to house snakes to supply anti venom. We looked at the snakes behind glass & stuck around for the snake show at 2:30. My mother is absolutely terrified of snakes! My Dad is fine around them as far as I know and my brother put one around his neck at a snake show when we vacationed in Morocco. I was still in elementary school and too chicken sh*t to put it around mine. This time I did! Go me!
Finally it was not raining so we enjoyed a restaurant that was not inside a mall. Yay! We went to Curries and More. We sat outside on the porch and had a clear roof with water running over it. I love Indian food & curry, but this was my first time eating Thai curry. It was delicious.
We took a cab to the Banyan Tree Hotel. On the roof (61 floors) we had amazing views & enjoyed a great atmosphere at the Vertigo Grill & Moon Bar. It was not raining (for once!) and we were lucky enough to get 2 seats at the bar. It was pretty crowded since the views were unbelievable.

No comments: