Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 22nd: last day in Vienna

It was warm and sunny today, beautiful! We walked another 5-6 miles. We had proper Italian pizza for lunch (Dad you would have loved it!) and some delicious Italian wine. Later we decided to spend our left over Euros when we passed a gelato shop. Little bit of a lie... it was actually ice-cream, the best I've ever had in my life! I had biscotti and tiramasu flavor. The owners were Italian so they knew how to perfect their homemade ice-cream. I enjoyed listening to them speak, reminded me of living in Naples, Italy when I was younger. When we left they said 'ciao!'
We checked out of our hotel and took the free cab (thanks to me) to the airport. I was sad to leave the beautiful dog friendly city, but glad to get away from the smokers!

No comments: