Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 21st: beautiful Vienna









As you can tell the rain finally slowed down, thank goodness! We had a wonderful breakfast and enjoyed the beautiful hotel in the morning. Afterwards we began on our long journey. By the end of the day we probably walked 7-8 miles! Vienna is a very walkable city (when it is not raining!). We had wiener schnitzel for lunch and I enjoyed another German beer. I'm not going to go into much detail because we saw so much (as you can see above)! We were so exhausted by the end of the day, we decided to stay in. We grabbed some pizza, enjoyed the champagne in our room, the chocolates, and watched the Champions League futbol (soccer) game. If anyone watched the game, I'm sure you would understand when I say, what a game! Penalty shots drive me crazy!
Then the smell of smoke in the room began, ugh! I called the front desk and they explained someone was disobeying the 'no smoking' rules, but there was nothing they could do unless they caught the individual in the act. They moved us 2 rooms down (like that would help!) for the evening. We left all our belongings in the other room and got them in the morning. Thankfully we were not charged for the 2nd room, especially because an hour after being in the room, the smoke snuck in as well. We said screw it since it was after midnight and went to sleep. I could not get us a free night since we got upgraded, etc... but I did get us a free ride to the airport which is a long drive. I felt better after that!

No comments: