Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SparkPeople

2009 has arrived and so has my New Year's Resolution. The past couple of years I skipped a New Year's Resolution because 1) I thought I was in shape and didn't need to loose weight or 2) knew I wouldn't follow through with the resolution, so what was the point in trying? The past 2-3 months I've put on weight, and worst of all haven't had time to exercise which worries me... risk of osteoporosis, I'm more tired, low self esteem, etc... time to get in shape! Motivation is an issue of mine and I have no problem admitting it. Journal writing has helped me stay motivated in the past but this year I needed more. I discovered SparkPeople and it has really helped me (the past 4 days) stay motivated and I've lost a pound. I realize that is only a pound and most likely water weight but it is motivating! I keep track of the food I eat, the exercise I perform, my weight, can talk to others on message boards, get motivating emails, and have a constant reminder to be good to myself. I've also found a Traumatic Brain Injury page and am speaking to others with the same past as me. I'm hopefully convincing them after 3 years things get better and patience is needed after a TBI. I wanted to share the web page with others frustrated during these cold winter months. I'm feeling very motivated and will update everyone on my weight loose success. Wahoo!

No comments: