Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to Reality


Finally back! We had a sad flight from Anchorage back home on July 2nd. We'd love to travel 24/7 but I'm glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed. I missed everyone so much too!
We went to DC to visit my best friend Allison (known since elementary school in Spain) for the weekend. We enjoyed floating down the Shenandoah River with a floating cooler on the 4th. It took 3-1/2 hours! Bright sunshine the first hour... then the thunderstorms began. We got absolutely drenched with cold rain water! We could do nothing but laugh and hope the end was near. The river water was warmer than laying in the tube, so we abandoned ship. Unfortunately the huge rocks/boulders at the bottom of the shallow river really really hurt the bottom of your feet. We decided to be rebels and wear flip flops instead of tennis shoes. Do'h. That didn't last long... we jumped back in the inner tubes and froze our asses off! Disasters only happen when Allison and I are together, so we were expecting it. ha ha. The rest of the weekend we were lazy... enjoyed movies, homemade Sangria, and yummy homemade food.
We are back in Richmond and back to reality. I'm going to design my web site for an online portfolio so I can snag an amazing design job!
I'm also going to finish the around the world trip report with lots and lots of pictures, so hold tight! Coming Soon!

No comments: